Forum latest

How To Overclock the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Series
General
Written by Gizmo   
Saturday, 16 June 2007 00:45

Follow this nice little guide at Benchmark.com:

Overclocking can take on many forms, and the practice can range from minor product improvements to a total re-engineering project which completely alters the hardware.  In this article, I will concentrate my efforts towards achieving the most gain with the least amount of effort.

Read the full guide at Benchmark.com

Some industry voices have called overclocking a hobby, while others have compared it to product misuse.  However, I believe that if you are reading this article, you are probably one of the many computer enthusiasts who believe it is perfectly acceptable to get something more out of a product without it costing more money.  When I think about it, everyone enjoys getting something for nothing; it's human nature.

Additionally, it is human nature to blame someone else if something goes wrong.  This is where I warn you, the reader of this article, that neither I nor benchmarkreviews.com recommend that you overclock your video card.  This article explains how I conducted these experiments on my own property.  Benchmarkreviews.com and the author of this article will not be responsible for damages or injury resulting from experiments you choose to conduct on your own property.  If you read beyond this point, you are accepting responsibility for your own actions and hold Olin Coles and the staff of benchmarkreviews.com harmless.

NVIDIA has recently released their GeForce 8800 Ultra video card, which is now the crown jewel in gaming performance.  However, computer hardware and gaming enthusiasts have learned is really just an overclocked GeForce 8800 GTX.  Although this guide teaches you how to overclock all NVIDIA video cards, I have selected the FOXCONN NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS as my test subject.  Most all of the older GeForce 6 and 7 generation video cards may also be overclocked using the same methods discussed here.  In this how-to article you will learn how to turn your GeForce 8800 GTX into an Ultra, or you can overclock any NVIDIA video card for better performance; and do it all for free!

While you're at it, you might also want to check out Samuknow's article, and then discuss this in the forums

Don't Click Here Don't Click Here Either