Forum latest

The RIAA hunts down and delivers yet another grandmother into the hands of justice!
General
Written by Daniel   
Thursday, 05 July 2007 11:55

If I think you might be doing something I paid to have made illegal, don't I have the right to break a few laws, persecute a few completely clueless people as examples? We think so!

RIAA sued for using illegal investigatory practices
ARS Technica
By Ken Fisher | Published: July 04, 2007 - 11:49PM CT

A grandmother targeted by the RIAA for file-sharing is striking back at the controversial music industry association, arguing that it has knowingly engaged in "one or more overt acts of unlawful private investigation" to further its case.

Ms. Crain, the defendant in an eight-month-old P2P lawsuit, had her fill of hot air when she escaped Hurricane Rita. When Mother Nature was bested by yet another "RIAA vs. Grandma" lawsuit, she decided it was time to strike back.

Crain says that she'd never even heard of file sharing before she was named in the suit, so when the RIAA came looking for a $4,500 payout, Ms. Crain lawyeredup and filed a counterclaim against the RIAA. The whole ball of wax is Sony vs. Crain, filed in Texas.

It has now come to light that the case is taking a new turn, as Ms. Crain's attorney has filed a motion to amend their counterclaims to include new allegations against the RIAA and its investigative partners. According to court documents, Ms. Crain "has become aware upon information and belief that [the RIAA] have illegally employed unlicensed investigators in the State of Texas and used the information thereby obtained to file this and other similar actions across the country." More

Comment in the forums. 

See also

None found.

Hardware | Windows | Linux | Security | Mobile Devices | Gaming
Tech Business | Editorial | General News | folding@home

Forum | Download Files

Copyright ©2001 - 2012, AOA Forums.  All rights reserved.

Alliance of Overclocking Arts

Links monetized by VigLink

Don't Click Here Don't Click Here Either