BFG 8800 GT OC Review
General
Written by Gizmo   
Thursday, 01 November 2007 21:44
{multithumb}
BFG 8800 GT OC
(Image from Neoseeker)

Neoseeker show us what this card can do:

Let's face it: most of the mid-range cards have been a disappointment, for many, including myself. Review after review, done by myself and by others, all show the fastest of the mid-range cards, from both the HD 2600 XT's and the 8600 GTS's families, to be woefully under-powered for DX10 gaming. The situation has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Allow me to introduce you to Mr. BFG 8800 GT OC. A true video card for the masses. Previously known by the code-name G92, the 8800 GT holds promise.

Read the full review at Neoseeker:

Far thinner than its elder brothers the 8800 GTX and 8800 GTS, the 8800 GT has a single-slot cooler.  It does have the length of it's older brothers though: the BFG 8800 GT OC would probably almost reach from one end of your mainboard to the other. The heatsink/fan cooling solution is somewhat reminsicent of some I've seen on GeForce 7800 series cards -- but unlike the cards from that class, the cooler stretches across almost the entire length of the card. There is one problem with this cooling though: it seems that an awful lot of heat is pushed out towards the rear of the card. After some extended use, you can expect the BFG 8800 GT OC's DVI ports to become hot to the touch. This probably does not bode well for air circulation in your case -- it'd probably be beneficial to arrange any internal fans with this in mind.

The card may be thin, but under the hood we have around 748 million transitors of gaming power. The 8800 GT has a core clock set to 600 MHz, a memory clock of 900 MHz, and a shader clock of 1500 MHz.

BFG Tech being BFG Tech, they've overclocked this card. The overclock is slight though: 625 for the core, 1566 for the shader clock, and the memory hasn't been overclocked at all.

As for the other vital numbers, the BFG 8800 GT OC has 512 MB of GDDR3, and retails for around $259 CDN / USD. 8800 GT's will also come in 256 MB versions, and they will retail for about $50 clams (CDN or US clams) less.

Don't Click Here Don't Click Here Either