Forum latest

Tuniq TX-2 Thermal Compound
General
Written by Gizmo   
Sunday, 25 November 2007 01:05

Overclocker's Intelligence Agency evaluate this paste:

Tuniq is a subsidiary of Sunbeamtech and offers many of the same types of products, namely computer cases, power supplies and cooling accessories. Probably the item they are most famous for is the Tuniq Tower heatsink which is widely regarded as one of the best air cooling solutions available. Were it not for products like it, you might pass Tuniq off as just another fancy case designer.

Read the full review at OCIA:

When Sunbeamtech sent over one of their cases for review and included two packs of Tuniq's latest thermal compound TX-2, I initially tossed it aside and more or less forgot about it. After all, there was already a widely recognized king of thermal compounds, and everything else was pretty much just white paste. That's one school of thought anyway. The other is that all thermal paste is relatively the same, and as long as you use something between your processor and heatsink (besides a thermal pad) you're good. Well eventually I did get around to trying it out, and I'm here today to tell you I am glad I did. But I'm getting ahead of myself, first let's take a closer look at the Tuniq TX-2.

So what other thermal paste can I pair up with this stuff? None other than Arctic Silver 5. Arctic Silver has long been considered the de facto maker of thermal paste. Ask any overclocker what they've got between their processor and heatsink and chances are it's AS5. Sure there's been other compounds to come and go, and many that have been compared, but none has really caught on in the world of computers and become as well-known as AS5. Of course, prior to that it was AS3, and before that AS II, but anyway, you get the idea. So throughout this review I'll be making references to AS5, and chances are you'll know what I'm talking about.

Don't Click Here Don't Click Here Either