Forum latest

Review: BlackBerry Curve 8320
General
Written by mookydooky   
Tuesday, 27 November 2007 11:53
I've been playing with this for the last few weeks and I've grown quite attached to it. The physical specs for it are:

4.2 x 2.4 x 0.6 inches ; 3.9 ounces

Not too bad. Before this I had an LG KG800 which is the European/Asian GSM version of the LC Chocolate phone which is quite a bit thinner and lighter than Verizon's Chocolate phone. The Curve is about a half inch taller and a half inch wider, but it's almost exactly the same thickness. Since I don't carry a holster or anything, thin is good because I don't like to have unnecessary bulging in my pockets if you know what I mean. There is a smaller BlackBerry available called the Pearl which is actually RIM's best selling device of all time. I tried it and didn't like it though for 2 reasons. The screen is too small and I didn't like the truncated keyboard. I tried typing on it and it's too similar to T9 on a regular cellphone. Typing on the 8320 is not too bad once you get used to it.

Lately, RIM has been producing more consumer oriented BlackBerrys. A few years ago, BlackBerrys were wireless email machines and not much more. This particular model comes with a 2.0 MP camera with weak flash. One cool feature is that you can immediately email photos to anyone including your Flickr account. It has a speakerphone feature so you don't get a ticket while driving. It has a media player that can play MP3s and videos and also serve as a photo viewer. It also carries typical phone features. It hasfully customizable profiles and ringtones. It can do both SMS and MMS. To store media, you can insert up to a 4GB microSDHC card.

[Continues in the forum...]

See also

None found.

Hardware | Windows | Linux | Security | Mobile Devices | Gaming
Tech Business | Editorial | General News | folding@home

Forum | Download Files

Copyright ©2001 - 2012, AOA Forums.  All rights reserved.

Alliance of Overclocking Arts

Links monetized by VigLink

Don't Click Here Don't Click Here Either