Written by Daniel   
Thursday, 13 December 2007 12:45
When consoles and PCs collide: Unreal Tournament 3 reviewed
By Ben Kuchera, Frank Caron | Published: December 12, 2007 - 11:21PM CT
ARS Technica

Unreal Tournament 3
Developer: Epic
Publisher: Midway
Platform: PC, PlayStation 3, (Xbox 360 in the future)
Price: $49.99 PC (Shop.Ars) $59.99 PS3 (Shop.Ars)
Rating: M (Teen)

Unreal Tournament 3 feels like an anachronism. Back in the glory days of competitive first-person shooters, it was all about speed, reflexes, and having the best route through each map. Get the health, get the best weapons, and be able to nail a moving target with a headshot. The days of Quake and Unreal were great for those of us with gaming ADD; I used to put on headphones and blast my favorite metal songs while blowing away my friends. I could get all out my aggression in about a half an hour playing those games.

Then something happened. Things slowed down. Vehicles were put in. People were expected to play in large teams, hang back, use their "classes." The change that games like Battlefield 1942 brought to multiplayer games was an interesting shake-up, but then everything went that way. It's been a while since we've had a game that was all reflex, that was a mad dash to your favorite weapon, where you could download a new map or gametype every day if you wanted to... MUCH More  Comments in the Forums

See also

None found.

Hardware | Windows | Linux | Security | Mobile Devices | Gaming
Tech Business | Editorial | General News | folding@home

Forum | Download Files

Copyright ©2001 - 2012, AOA Forums.  All rights reserved.

Alliance of Overclocking Arts

Links monetized by VigLink

Don't Click Here Don't Click Here Either